BlogLovin' Instagram Email Teachers Pay Teachers Pinterest Image Map

Friday, November 11, 2011

Resources for Using Menus in the Classroom

"Tic-Tac-Toe"...      "List Menu"...     "Baseball Menu"...

We had an in-service this week that re-energized us to incorporate more menu projects.

Here is my "classroom library" of resources for menus that I would highly recommend:
The pre-made menus are wonderful.  And include rubrics for grading.

I do find myself modifying and adapting the menus when I use them...but none-the-less they are both a wonderful time saver and inspiration for activities!





Here are two more that were presented at the in-service.... which I immediately purchased:

I'm excited to get the "Styles and Strategies" book because it gives strategies for teaching and sample worksheets which are broken into a "menu" style of activities for:
 Mastery, Interpersonal, Understanding, and Self Expressive math learners.


Note: I tend to use Menus as more of a summative-project activity.  One of my colleagues uses menus throughout the majority of her unit and gives a little bit of time during each block as more of a gradual process (as more of an anchor activity).

I have also used the student-choice in homework assignments.
I would recommend the Tic-Tac-Math series:


 









How do YOU use menus and student-choice in your classroom?


Link up below if you have created, used, or found any great resources for menus and providing choice in the classroom!


2 comments:

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

I love menus and actually have the middle school version of the Language Arts book. I use it all of the time. I actually give my students at least one menu a week for their spelling homework. I do not know what I would do without menus!

Katie
Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

Jill said...

Good idea! I would like to start doing this!!

Marvelous Multiagers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...